Well, the toes that I banged up on the 4th of July are no longer three shades of black and blue and purple, nor are they flopping around helplessly in my sock. In fact, I played nine holes of golf last Saturday, as scheduled (yes, I walked the course), and then put in a 12-mile training walk on Sunday morning. I felt a little discomfort during the last few miles, and I sure paid close attention to almost every step I took, but it went well - no adverse affects, thank you very much.
I took the rest of the week off from training walks. Simply walking around at work was enough, as the toes aren't back to "normal" yet.
The next big test is this weekend - 17 miles on Saturday and 13 on Sunday. No, I'm not worried. I'm sure I'll be fine. Besides, I'll be walking around a popular chain of lakes in Minneapolis on Saturday, so if I feel injured, I'll just sit on the grass next to the walking path and look pathetic whenever an attractive woman passes by. I've seen that work in the movies and as we all know, the movies never lie!
Friday, July 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment