Friday, July 6, 2007

Fireworks, Swimming...And A Little Walking

Just a quick post-July 4th update...

Started to go for a 4-5 mile training walk on Wednesday morning, but interrupted it to call my friend Eric and accept his invitation to join his family at their lake cabin for the afternoon & evening. I had spent the previous evening there, as well, enjoying a lakeside fireworks display from the comfort of their pontoon boat.

During an afternoon of swimming in the lake with kids, the klutz in me chose to make an appearance, as I badly stubbed two of the toes of my left foot - one, while we were out on the boat and the other on an uneven portion of the dock back at the cabin. Neither experience was pleasant. There was a great deal of hopping and cringing, though I successfully refrained from using any language deemed unsuitable in the presence of children. By evening, both toes had swelled enough, so that it was slightly painful to wear either a sneaker or a sandal. Gotta tell ya, it made for an uncomfortable ride home.

I can say now, two days later, that I will survive and should keep both toes. I was able to mow the lawn this afternoon and am planning to play golf Saturday morning, as scheduled. (Yeah, I know...I'm supposed to take it easy and keep off my foot for awhile - I did that yesterday.)

I'm going to try to go for a training walk on Sunday and see how it goes.

No comments: