Ok, well it hasn't really been that hot and steamy here in Minneapolis this summer - and that's a GREAT thing for all of us who are preparing for the Twin Cities 3-Day. But Day 1 is rapidly approaching; our training is becoming more intense, we're getting our gear and supplies in order (well, some of us are - me notwithstanding), and we're putting a bit more pressure on our potential donors to bring in those much-needed funds. A personal reminder to those who haven't made their donation on my behalf: I know where you live. ;-)
Since I haven't posted here in a while, here's an update on my progress:
My weekend training walks are now regularly in excess of 10 miles - this past weekend consisted of 14 miles on a gorgeous Saturday at the chain of lakes in Minneapolis and 10 miles, including a few serious hills, in the quiet suburb of Inver Grove Heights this morning. I'm in good shape, physically - no aches, pains, blisters, or improperly dislocated body parts. (I have to say, though, that skipping weekend housework and yard work for an afternoon nap is a wonderful aspect of training!)
Next weekend, my teammates and I are planning back-to-back training walks of 20 miles each day. Yes, we are a little crazy, but it's good motivation to see if our bodies have a point where they would be really unhappy with this excessive walking. I've been fortunate enough to be able to walk 8-10 miles without feeling a great deal of discomfort, but I know that up in the 12- to 15-mile range, I need to pay attention to stretching, rest breaks, and continued hydration and nutrition.
My donors thus far have generously contributed nearly $1800 - THANK YOU!!! I'm confident I'll raise the rest of the required amount to reach the minimum of $2300...and more. "You" are the real heroes of the Breast Cancer 3-Day - because of you, millions of women will be diagnosed earlier, have more treatment options, and will have the long, healthy lives that they and their families so richly deserve.
Thanks for the continued support and well wishes (especially for all of this fabulous training weather). Keep those good thoughts coming. And I'll try to post updates more frequently!
Scott's Official 3-Day Countdown: 40 days until Day 1...can you believe it?
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment