Every year, we walkers speculate on where the route will be - what part of the Twin Cities will be walking, where we'll be camping, where our friends and families can see us. I know my supporters ask me "So what's your route?" And I can't tell them much, since, until last year, "they" don't tell us anything, other than the locations of the opening and closing ceremonies and the designated cheering stations, the latter of which aren't publicized until a couple weeks before the event. There definitely hasn't been a great deal of information provided this far in advance of the big weekend.
But this year, I'm able to pass along the following, which is available on the 3-Day website at http://www.the3day.org/. I especially want to share this with first-time walker, Barb T., who posted a comment here a couple of weeks ago, asking about the route. Barb, you're in for a real treat and one of the most amazing experiences of your life. Here's the latest "offical" scoop:
Opening Ceremony - Friday, August 21: Southdale Shopping Center in Edina (no, the mall is NOT open at 6:00 AM!)
Day 1: We'll be walking through the suburban Edina neighborhoods, around the Minneapolis chain of lakes, past the Sculpture Gardens, and the University of Minnesota. We'll finish the day walking along Summitt Avenue in St. Paul, home to the city's historic mansions. Our campsite is still a secret...(at least that's what I have to tell you)
Day 2: According to the website, we'll make our way "through the smaller communities in the area as we take in the hidden gems the Twin Cities have to offer." I don't know what that means. But I know we'll be on "great trails and pathways" as we make our way back to camp. At least they're not telling us we'll be on "gently rolling hills". (All you past participants know what I'm talking about!)
Day 3: More trail systems, magnificent views, and wonderful parkland, as the route brings us into downtown St. Paul for the emotional closing ceremony at the Minnesota State Capitol.
Closing Ceremony - Sunday August 23: The State Capitol grounds, a fabulous location, once referred to by one of the 3-Day organizers so perfectly as "Minnesota's front porch".
So it looks like we will once again have a route that will be considered one of the most scenic in all of the cities where the 3-Day is held. I'll be sure to share more as it becomes available.
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Scott,
Thanks for the shout out in your blog entry. :-)
I did see what was listed, and I guess I'll just have to be patient regarding the route and campsite information (with hints, of course, once we know where the cheering stations are).
I did a 15-mile training walk today, and have another 18-miler scheduled around Lake of the Isles, Calhoun and Harriet tomorrow (twice around each lake ought to just about do it). Two other team members and I will be traveling from Jordan to do this bright and early Sunday.
Keep up the good work on the blog, and maybe I'll run into you on the 3-Day.
:-)
Howdy,
I am regular visitor of this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]You have really contiributed very good info here scottm3day.blogspot.com. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. Let me present you with one fact here. Recent Research points that almost 60% of all United States adults are either fat or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these citizens, you're not alone. In fact, most of us need to lose a few pounds once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is really not as tough as you think. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.
About me: I am author of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for quick weight loss.
dance steps to pump it http://legalmusicworld.in/audio/acer-ast671-xp-audio-drivers houston rock shops [url=http://legalmusicworld.in/music/windows-music-shop]windows music shop[/url]
queen bee creations bags http://legalmusicworld.in/blues/ruby-blues natural cure by kevin trudeau [url=http://legalmusicworld.in/punk/scene-punk-hair]independent gospel artist[/url]
online music without lyrics http://legalmusicworld.in/reggae/reggae-song-belly-somthing reprogram ipod [url=http://legalmusicworld.in/stereo/wifi-stereo]wifi stereo[/url]
dance with astranger http://legalmusicworld.in/music/scrubs-music-cd ipod nano protective case [url=http://legalmusicworld.in/techno/techno-sierene]moscopol jan music[/url]
susan j weiand rock photography http://legalmusicworld.in/hip-hop/hip-hop-apperal can you imagine piano music [url=http://legalmusicworld.in/gospel/the-miracles-of-jesus-in-the-gospel-of-john]the miracles of jesus in the gospel of john[/url]
harvest manor red queen comforter http://legalmusicworld.in/audio/download-drivers-conexant-high-definition-audio mp3 phone tones [url=http://legalmusicworld.in/soul/body-and-soul-lyrics]billboard country music chart most records[/url]
I love scottm3day.blogspot.com! Here I always find a lot of helpful information for myself. Thanks you for your work.
Webmaster of http://loveepicentre.com and http://movieszone.eu
Best regards
Post a Comment