It's official...I'm part of a new team for this year's Breast Cancer 3-Day - at least it's new for me. A group of wonderful ladies has welcomed me onto team Angel Wings. I've actually known the captain, Selina, since the first 3-Day in 2004. Selina and I trained together last year, during which she regularly teased me about not being part of a team and participating as an "independent". Seeing that 2008 was a presidential election year, notably defined by the polarizing effect of most - if not all - national races, I justified my independence as appropriate. :)
But this is a new year and I'm looking forward to sharing the 2009 Twin Cities 3-Day with these new friends, in addition to those I've come to know so well over the previous five years.
Therefore, my first official task as a member of Angel Wings is to get the word out about our team fundraiser on Sunday, June 7 from 3:00 to 6:00 PM at Trappers Bar and Grill in Lino Lakes, MN. We'll have a taco bar, beverages, a silent auction, raffle, bake sale, and perhaps a few other surprises. (You may even see me wearing pink for the occasion - that has to be worth the price of admission!) All proceeds benefit Susan G. Komen For The Cure.
Tickets for the event are $20 for adults ($25 at the door) and $10 for children 12 and under ($15 at the door). The price includes the taco bar, domestic beer, rail drinks, house wine, and non-alcoholic beverages. Feel free to contact me for advance tickets or send an e-mail to angelwings3day@yahoo.com. I hope to see you there!
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment