Just a quick update...Had a good week of training, thanks to a nice stretch of weather here in the Twin Cities. I walked about 15 miles last Saturday at Elm Creek Park Reserve in Maple Grove - nice park, good trails, no big hills. (3-Day veterans are always wary of the term "gentle hills", when used to describe the prospective route.) Also walked about 11 miles on Sunday at Lake Calhoun & Lake Harriet in Minneapolis, for moderate back-to-back training sessions. I was up and at 'em early both on Tuesday and Thursday, putting in 5-6 miles each day.
I took today "off", in preparation for tomorrow's planned 15-17 miles and Sunday's planned 13.
Okay, I know it's boring to read about how far I've walked or how far I plan to walk. It's just as boring to write and I'm probably wasting a whole lot of electricity as I try to find an imaginative way to describe putting one foot in front of the other for five consecutive hours. But you who are semi-regular readers know that I thrive on all things dry and boring. Plus, my carbon footprint is already pretty small, so I'm not too concerned about it.
My fundraising continues - I've raised over $1,300, which means I still have a bit of work to do make it to my minimum requirement of $2,200. So if you (or a friend) can make a generous donation, I would greatly appreciate it. You can reach my 3-Day web page by clicking here. I'll be sending out another "gentle reminder" to those on my mailing list, so you'll see that soon.
A bit of news about the actual event, scheduled for September 19-21. The locations for opening and closing ceremonies are as follows:
Opening Ceremonies - Friday, September 19
Minnesota State Fairgrounds
South Parking Lots
1790 Como Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55108
7:00 AM - Ceremonies begin
Closing Ceremonies - Sunday, September 21
Minnesota State Capitol Grounds
109 Aurora Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55103
(as if an address is necessary - look for the big white domed building with 5,000 people on the lawn...can't miss it)
5:00 PM - Ceremonies begin (spectators should arrive at least an hour early)
I'll provide more route info as it becomes available. Hope to see you at the ceremonies!
"The most important thing is not to win but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well." - The Olympic Creed
Scott's Official 3-Day Countdown: 42 days until Day 1
Friday, August 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment