...yeah, I know that's a cheap joke - but I've been in a creative fog and haven't come up with anything interesting, other than more blather about taking walks in beautiful weather for three straight days, then looking out at crummy weather the following two days.
So I thought I'd share the letter I've sent out to friends and family, asking for their support and donations...
________________________
The snows of another Minnesota winter are melting and the bitter northwest wind is shifting to the south, sure signs that, contrary to popular belief, spring is indeed on its way to the northland.
It is also the time of year when I dig my walking shoes out from the back of the closet and begin my training and preparation for the Breast Cancer 3-Day.
2008 will be the fifth consecutive year that I'll be joining thousands of women (and more than just a few men) in walking 60 miles over three days throughout the Twin Cities. This year, the event will be September 19-21 and once again, the net proceeds will support breast cancer research, screening, and treatment through Susan G. Komen For The Cure and the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund.
I became involved with the 3-Day in 2004, when I walked to support my friend Stacey, who had been diagnosed with breast cancer in 2003. Stacey is doing great these days, but I continue to walk in support of the many survivor friends I've come to know, as well as the women in my life who are healthy and hope to remain that way.
I've committed to raise more than $2,200 in donations, so I will need your help. Please click on the link below to go to my personal page and make a tax-deductible on-line donation in the amount that's right for you or to print out a donation form to mail your contribution.
Thank you in advance for your generosity!
Scott
__________________________________
He who is drowned is not troubled by the rain - Unknown
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment