I know, I know…It’s been two weeks since my last entry. What can I say? I’ve been busy. No, really, I have. Lawn care, gardening, and spring maintenance on the sprinkler system. I began (and almost completed) a long-overdue interior painting project. There is also that daily nuisance called a job that intrudes on my ability to relate as many “updates” as often as I would like.
That being said, I readily admit that none of those activities are the real reason for first degree negligent blogging. I've only mowed the lawn twice, my sprinkler system still isn't fully functional and my mom has actually done all the gardening at my house thus far. The truth is…I’ve been training for the 3-Day.
I can no longer deny that the walks I take throughout the week are just leisurely strolls, meant to take my mind off life’s daily stresses and get a bit of exercise after a day spent sitting in front of a computer.
I can no longer deny that it’s “too early” for training, since Day 1 is exactly three months from today.
I now wear my “training shoes” and wicking socks when I walk with co-workers on my lunch hour. I wear a fanny pack and carry a water bottle when I walk the four-plus mile route I’ve laid out through my neighborhood. I have even succumbed to (gasp!) joining some of my 3-Day teammates for “official training walks”.
As they say, the first step in dealing with a personal problem is admitting the truth about it.
Hello, everyone. My name is Scott…and I’m a 2007 Breast Cancer 3-Day walker in training.
Gee, I may have to start actually writing something about training walks, fundraising and the other activities related to my preparations for the Twin Cities 3-Day in August. I’m not sure I’m ready for that step quite yet.
Thursday, May 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment