Only ten days until we're all be together at Southdale in Edina, MN for the opening ceremonies. For many of us, it will be a reunion where we'll rekindle friendships and enjoy each other's company, while remembering our common bond - finding a cure for breast cancer.
This past weekend, I put in a solid 10 miles on Saturday and 8 miles on Sunday. I'm sure a lot of walkers got in their last "big" training walk of 18 miles (or thereabouts), followed by another 8 the next day. And even with one final "easy" weekend of training still left, I know you're all as ready as I am to be out on the streets of the Twin Cities, in an endless stream of pink.
By the way, speaking of reunions, I had my 25th high school class reunion this past Saturday. What a blast! Thankfully, the severe thunderstorms that swept through the Twin Cities didn't keep us from having a great time, talking and laughing and catching up with longtime friends. I suppose the open bar helped a little too! My only regret is not having been able to spend enough time with as many people as I wanted. Rumor has it that there may be some informal annual gatherings between now and our next big reunion in five years. Count me in!!! It may be almost as much fun as these annual reunions of 3,000 at the Breast Cancer 3-Day.
P.S. Thanks to everyone who helped me surpass my fundraising goal of $2,300!!! And if you're still interested in donating, please feel free to do so!
Scott's Official 3-Day Countdown: 10 days until Day 1 (wow - less than 240 hours from right now!)
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment