Over the years, a lot of people have asked me why I walk in the 3-Day, since not many men choose to do so. I don't have a wife, mother, sister, aunt, or grandmother who has ever had breast cancer (thankfully). And aside from my friend Stacey, who was diagnosed in late 2003 and is now cancer-free, virtually the only friends and acquaintances I have who are breast cancer survivors are people I've met while participating in the event itself.
Why do I really do it? Yes, there's all the stuff about it being a great cause and an amazing experience and that "I walk because I can and for others who can't." But I'll let you all in on a not-so-little secret: the real reason I'm out there each year is that it's great to be a guy on the 3-Day. So without further ado, here are...
Scott's Top 5 Reasons Why It's Great To Be A Guy On The 3-Day
5. You (probably) won't be arrested - or be accused of stalking - for following the same woman (or women) on sidewalks and park trails for eight consecutive hours.
4. It's a walk; no running allowed...so women can't run away when you go up to talk them along the route.
3. You can look at a woman's chest and claim that you're just trying to read the name on the credential hanging from her neck.
2. No waiting at the shower trucks.
and...(drum roll, please)
1. Ratio of women to men: 20 to 1. 'Nuff said.
Scott's Official 3-Day Countdown: 65 days until Day 1
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment