I know, I missed taking note of an important date on the calendar last weekend...April 19th - exactly five months to go until the 2008 Twin Cities 3-Day. (insert either cheer or yawn here, whatever your preference) Well, I think we'll all survive. But for those of us who keep track of such things, the updated countdown stands as follows:
21 weeks remaining...or...
148 days remaining (man, that still seems like a long time!)
I had to admit to some friends earlier this week that I'm still not in "real" training mode yet. I just can't put on that horrible waist pack or begin keeping track of how many miles I'm walking...and I still need a new pair of shoes. One of my 3-Day teammates, Maria, sent me an e-mail, saying that she has already bought new shoes herself, but also hasn't started training either. Maybe sometime next month...
Good news: It was sunny and 74 degrees yesterday in the Twin Cities. I took a walk, wearing a t-shirt and shorts, the first time for that in 2008.
Bad news: It's going to be 50 degrees and raining today..and for the next three days.
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment