It's been a while since my last posting. I'd like to say that I've been away, basking in the sun on a tropical island, where the only walking is along the beach, with ocean waves gently rolling over my feet. But alas, I've been here at home, where the Thursday morning temperature was 14 degrees and the windchill factor was 0. Less than two weeks ago, the daytime high was 81. So for now, I'm prepared to walk while wearing shorts and a t-shirt...or a winter coat, hat and gloves.
Nevertheless, it is April and for me, that means it's time to come out of hibernation. Get outside and clean up the bits of trash scattered about the yard. Wave to the neighbors (and let them know I really am alive and well). Since the start of Daylight Saving Time, the sun is still up during the evening - it's okay to come home from work and actually go back out to run errands, instead of holing up in the house for the night.
This week, I've met friends almost every day for lunch or dinner or happy hour. You can sense the difference in people's moods - finally, let's get out and play (or in the case of my 3-Day walking friends, let's get out and walk).
Of course, as I write this, it's a balmy 24 degrees outside. Maybe I'll stay inside, close my eyes, and imagine I'm walking...on that tropical beach.
Friday, April 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment