Sunday, February 25, 2007

Starting point

Greetings and welcome to all my friends, old and new. As many of you already know, I have participated in the Twin Cities Breast Cancer 3-Day for the past three years. In that time, you have helped me raise nearly $7,000 for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, now known as Susan G. Komen For The Cure. In all, the Twin Cities 3-Day has raised more than $15 million, during its three successful years. Your generosity each year has allowed me to walk 60 miles over three days (not to mention the seemingly endless weeks and months of training) with a smile on my face, knowing that we are doing work that truly makes a difference - literally, one step at a time.

Soon, I will begin preparing for my fourth Twin Cities 3-Day, scheduled for August 24-26, 2007 (6 months from this very weekend!). I have been reminded to once again keep my supporters updated on all the goings-on, related to fundraising, training and...well, anything else that may be on my mind during the coming months. So, in an effort to relay events as they happen and to spare you from receiving repeated e-mails about the type of socks I'm wearing or what it was like to walk in a cold rain on a Saturday morning, I have chosen to (gasp!) join the blogosphere.

Over the next six months, I will use this space to share not only my training progress, but also stories, pictures and miscellaneous tidbits from the road leading to the 3-Day in August. I'll try to make things interesting and informative (and occasionally humorous). Please feel free to share your comments and pass this site along to others, to spread the message of the Breast Cancer 3-Day.

Obviously, the primary goal of this event is to raise money for breast cancer research and treatment. To make a donation to the 2007 3-Day, please visit my website at: www.the3day.org/TwinCities07/scottmesrobian.

I look forward to sharing this journey with you.

Be well...


Scott

No comments: